Thursday 12 April 2018

Favourite Colouring Medium (and WHY)

Thank you to everyone who entered our last challenge. 
Our worthy winner is:


 Kristina's Art Corner


Please email us at AsYouLikeItChallenge@hotmail.co.uk to claim your prize, 
and don't forget to grab your *winners* badge below:


and our Top 3 are






Congratulations and please grab our *Top 3* badge to display on your blog:













So, onto our next challenge





The sponsor of this challenge is


This fortnight's challenge theme is to showcase a project using 
Your Favourite Colouring Medium (& why).
You MUST explain WHY it is your favourite.

Here are the beautiful creations made by our Design Team to get your mojo flowing:


I've been playing with some other colouring mediums lately (like my Zig Brush markers and also my DoCrafts Artiste watercolour markers), but my go-to 'safe place' always has to be my DI reinkers. Although I'm forever learning with them, I know most of the colours now. Of course I have those that I use all the time and some favourite blends but I think I may have gone a bit overboard with the shadows on today's image because there is quite a bit of depth in the petals!  Ultimately I really like watercolouring with the inks - it's therapeutic although it does take me about 3 times longer than using Copics!







I love coloring and agree that it helps take me away from all the challenges of the day.  I am working on my pencil skills but need much more practice.  I love playing with watercolor and distress inks, but my go to medium has to be my much loved Copic markers. They blend so beautifully and are much less stressful at this point in my coloring journey.





Elaine

My favourite colouring medium has to be Promarkers alcohol marker pens. It has taken me some time to learn how to use them and get results I am happy with.  I am getting there and always learning. I love how they blend and I can get some dimension to my images. It is so relaxing to sit and colour in, takes me back to my childhood.


I am definitly a pencil girl! I love using them and I love seeing all the progress that I have made since I started using them. And I am still learning more about using them. I think they are really easy to work with and most of them times I get good results with them. ;)




Lynne
My favourite has to be Copic markers because they were what I started with and am most familiar with, although I am still learning.  I do have some new pencils to try but have not  used them enough yet.


 Definitely Promarkers for me. I have tried all manner of colouring but I still go back to Promarkers, they just work for me!!



It wasn't so long ago that I would not have used anything other than Distress Inks (ReInkers) for everything but lately I have ventured deeper into the world of mixed media and, I am surprising myself here, I am loving it!





I began with Derwent pencils, but since I have Copic markers I don't use the pencils anymore. I also tried Distress inks, but mostly I don't like the result. So my all time favorite colour medium is Copic markers. I love the colours and they way they blend.


So now it's over to you.
We hope you will join in our challenge and show us your style.
Don't forget, you MUST explain WHY it is your favourite to be eligible to win.

Good luck, and happy crafting.
Hugs from the AYLI girls.

5 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for selecting my card to be in the top 3 and congrats to the other top picks and winner too!
    Fun new challenge and wonderful DT inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My favorite colouring medium is Derwent inktense pencils Hugsx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, what a lovely surprise to see I'd made Top 3 with my cork centred bloom. Thank you so much and congrats to the winner and the rest of the Top 3.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful cards from you all and another super theme xx

    ReplyDelete