Thursday 1 March 2018

Single or Multiple Layers (& Why)?

Thank you to everyone who entered our last challenge. 

Our winner is:


Please email us at AsYouLikeItChallenge@hotmail.co.uk to claim your prize, 
and don't forget to grab your *winners* badge below:


and our Top 3 are



Congratulations and please grab our *Top 3* badge to display on your blog:












So, onto our next challenge





The sponsor of this challenge is

This fortnight's challenge theme is to showcase a project using 
either single or multiple layers.
You MUST explain WHY your selected layer style is your favourite.

Here are the beautiful creations made by our Design Team to get your mojo flowing:


I must admit that I'm a bit of a fan of both (depending on the mood or theme).  However, even though this was intended to be a fairly flat card, I can't resist adding layers of papers using dies and ribbons.  Even the tag that I added was raised up on foam pads, so I guess I like layers!  I do think a bit of texture makes a hand crafted card differ from something that's shop-bought.





I have to say this is a toss up for me.  It depends on what mood I am in and the image I am working with.  Some images need the spotlight where as others flourish in details and layers.





Elaine
Using Rugby
I love a variety of styles for my cards. Sometimes it is CAS and other a litte bit more fussy. 
Today I have chosen simple layers but not too many so that the image is centrepiece to the card. 


Most of the times my cards are really Clean and simple. I am not doing well with combining design papers, so I will not use lots of layers on my card. I also love the challenge to make a pretty card with just one layer.




I think single layer cards like Larissa's look so good, but I just can't do it! I do like pretty patterned papers and when I've tried single layers I always feel as though I have something missing so I stick to more than one.


It's multiple layers for me, it's just the best way to showcase lovely papers!!



I love the CAS look of one-layer cards, but the Distress Inks don't work well with the cardstock I use for my base cards, so there are always layers to allow me to use Bristol Board to colour on, so I tend to favour the multiple layers option, even if it's only a couple!





I love them both. One layer is always a struggle for me, but mostly I am satisfied with the result. For this challenge I choose multiple layer. I love mixing papers/image/sentiment and embellishments.



So now it's over to you.
We hope you will join in our challenge and show us your style.
Don't forget, you MUST explain WHY it is your favourite.

Good luck, and happy crafting.
Hugs from the AYLI girls.





8 comments:

  1. I love the design team samples using the Polka Doodles stamps! Thanks for the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for sharing my card! <3 Karin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super Challenge and great DT Makes, Love Hazelx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great cards from the DT, thanks for the fun challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice creations of the DT.
    Thank you for this beautiful challenge in which I participate.
    See you soon.
    MaryannG

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous inspiration from the design team.
    Janice x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Brilliant creations, as always, Ladies.

    Jennifer. xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. These last two weeks have been crazy... (car broke down and all sorts of other "fun") and I just realized that you chose my card as your winner's card!!! Thank you so much ;o))) I am over the moon and thank you very much ;o))) Have a wonderful day and happy crafting, Maike ;o)

    ReplyDelete