Thursday 7 April 2016

Favourite non card project (and WHY)

Thank you to everyone who entered our last challenge. 
All the entries were fantastic which made it very difficult to choose but...

Our winner is:

No. 26 - Jane Savage



Please email us at AsYouLikeItChallenge@hotmail.co.uk to claim your prize, 
and don't forget to grab your *winners* badge below:



and our Top 3 are

No. 9 - Sharon Gurnhill



No. 13 - Glittertastic



No. 25 - Carol Lutz




Congratulations and please grab our *Top 3* badge to display on your blog:








So, onto our next challenge






The sponsor of this challenge is

Lawn Fawn
A stamp set and 6x6 pad of the winner’s choice
Lawn Fawn



This fortnight's challenge theme is to showcase a project using 
your Favourite Anything but a Card (& why).
You MUST explain WHY it is your favourite.


Here are the beautiful creations made by our Design Team to get your mojo flowing:



I have a real weakness for cute little boxes so I've made a milk carton box and a pillow box (using dies from Lawn Fawn) in Spring coloured card and decorated them both with a Spring lamb image.








Well is seems that we here at As You Like it could start a Crochet group too
hhaha because I LOVE Crochet so my No-card project has to be a crochet item.
I made this hat for my grand-daughter and the little gift bag to wrap it for Easter as she can not have cows milk so I figured that I would make her something instead.



Brenda


I love all kinds of crafting, but one of my favourites is crochet.  This is a "fuzzy lei" I made to use as a hat band.  It is crocheted with 4 different speciality yarns.






Elaine

I loved making these Wedding good luck gifts. They are easy to make and look very pretty.
They can easily be personalised too. 






Kat

My favourite non-card projects are any kind of gift bag or box...or in this case...basket!
I love the creativity of making a 3D item  and then being able to decorate it, and it's such a lovely way to present a gift...you can see what I put in these  baskets on my blog!




Lori

When I am not card making, I am an avid crocheter ;) I have a little side-business called Caffeinated Creativity (coffee and creating - my life! xoxo) and so I thought I would showcase one of the many infinity scarves I have made and love to create. This is my daughter, Kimberly, modeling for me :) This pattern is from Bella-Coco. 




Lorraine

I love decorating wooden trinket boxes and this one was for my Mother-in-Law







Mojca

I love making notebooks and this one is special with a sentiment "Live your dreams". I hope someone will write some lovely thoughts in to this one :)



Sarah

My favourite "Not a card" is a wall hanging, it still incorporates the skill of planning and designing, as with a card, but can be on display all year round.





Squirrel

I love the excitement of receiving interestingly wrapped gifts, so I always try to make the effort to give in the same way.  I am really into gift bags and boxes at the moment, bags for the awkward shapes of course!




I have not done crochet for a very long time as that is where my creativity started, I love these little stuff toys and decided I am going to start making a lot of different ones when I get a chance so here is my first little bunny.




I like to wrap up little presents in a self made bag or envelope. For this challenge I made a little bag and tag.




So now it's over to you.

We hope you will join in our challenge, show us your style and 
showcase your Favourite of our options.
You MUST explain WHY it is your favourite to win the prize.


Good luck, and happy crafting.

Hugs from the AYLI girls.




6 comments:

  1. Thank you so very much for my win I'm over the moon! Many congratulations to the other winners too with their gorgeous designs! The DT have made some amazing projects for this challenge too, very inspirational! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love the range of DT projects- so inspiring. Thanks for the challenge x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for choosing me in your top 3. Loved your challenge and all the gorgeous DT makes xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOve all the DT samples...great creativity ladies!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such amazing creativity here!

    Greetings from Germany :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous inspiration and a super theme xx

    ReplyDelete