Thursday 10 September 2015

Favourite Die and WHY

Thank you to everyone who entered our last challenge. 

Our winner is:

Tindaloo



Please email us at AsYouLikeItChallenge@hotmail.co.uk to claim your prize, 
and don't forget to grab your *winners* badge below:







and our Top 3 are


Kelly's Cards


This is what Kelly had to say about her favourite layout.
I love using this layout as it's nice and simple, allows you to give extra dimension but at the same time keeping the focus on the image..





Donna's (I like any "basic" layout... and I SO prefer symmetry, lol)




Gail

Gail's - 
This is my favorite layout and I love being able to use two or more papers to bring more color to my cards...and my papers are from Doodlebug.



Congratulations and please grab our *Top 3* badge to display on your blog:










So, onto our next challenge










The sponsor of this challenge is


Bunny Zoe

gif maker







This fortnight's challenge theme is to showcase a project using 
your Favourite Die (& why).
You MUST explain WHY it is your favourite.

Here are the beautiful creations made by our Design Team to get your mojo flowing:



I've recently bought quite a few of the stitched dies, and I'm really liking this stitched speech bubble die which I can use with my favourite Merry Christmas die.  I have a few other sentiment dies and it works great with them for an easy CAS layout.





My favourite die has to be circle its a simple die but I think it's the most useful
and cutting a perfect circle with scissors pretty much impossible!
for me anyway... Ps I told you this was my favourite layout!




Brenda

My most favorite die is this large tag die, but... this wonky cake die is also a favourite, it makes me smile!





Carol

So many favourites but going with butterflies, have many and love them all, love using them on their own or as an embellishment to finish off a card. 




Elaine


I have so many dies I just love, but this heart die from Spellbinders is perfect for wedding and engagement cards. 





Kat

I have used several dies on here and I wouldn't be without my circle dies, but my absolute favourite is this border die; it seems to go with everything and add just the right touch of detail, plus it was a bargain buy at a craft show too!


And when you pull the tab...




Lori


I have a TON of dies that I love to use, but my ultimate favorites are my stitched rectangles, squares and circle dies from Lil' Inker Designs....I have used one here on the navy blue panel - to me, they just add that little finishing touch to the edges of your focal point!

 
Lorraine

Well this was a difficult choice, I own lots of dies that I have collected over the years and I have favourites at different times but at the moment I love this large Spellbinders Oval Floral. It is big enough to accommodate large images and I think it's so pretty too framing your image beautifully.




Mojca

Well I think mine is Spellbinders Scalloped Circle. They give that cool wavy look and I just love the effect when you pile them up like I did on my card. 




Sarah

If favourite means most used then it's a no brainer for me...my Spellbinders large circles get used most of all for frames, sentiments and even for rolled flowers.




Suzette

 I love Ko-kreate shape dies, they make your cards look different.







Wilma
My Sizzix circle dies are my favorite. I use them a lot for sentiments or images and they are very easy to use. And when I need another size I use my Silhouette Cameo.




So now it's over to you.

We hope you will join in our challenge, show us your style and 
showcase your Favourite Die (& why).
You MUST explain WHY it is your favourite.


Good luck, and happy crafting.
Hugs from the AYLI girls.




16 comments:

  1. Wow that's for choosing me in the top three :-)
    Another great selection of cards from the DT
    Hugs Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for picking my card as one of your Top 3! I'm so honored and will put the badge on my blog! Hugs, Gail L

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful cards and tags. Thank you for the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this theme, because I love this die! What fantastic inspiration from the Design Team! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes its a great challenge so fun to see all the creations everyone is making too! xx

      Delete
  5. Gorgeous DT samples. Thanks for the "favorite die cut" challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome creations from the DT!xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, I've entered the same card twice as the first one #47 has the wrong link, #56 is the correct link. I'm sorry I'm having server problems that will be fixed this evening so I've been told. Sorry if I've caused more work for anyone. Great DT inspiration. Barb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem Barb thanks for letting us know I will leave the 47 link there because it if I delete it it messes up the numbers because everything shifts when a number is deleted.... But I have noted your 47 is the wrong one! hugs me x

      Delete
  8. It is good to see such a lot of diferent dies. It seems anyone prefered their own brand. Gorgeous challenge.

    Marjeta

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello. I am Maria D. entry #71. I like using the rectangular Dies from Spellbinder because I can arrange multiple layers in one card. :)

    ReplyDelete