Thursday 23 April 2015

Favourite style of embossing (and WHY)

Thank you to everyone who entered our last challenge. 
Our winner is:

Pamellia



Please email us at AsYouLikeItChallenge@hotmail.co.uk to claim your prize, 
and don't forget to grab your *winners* badge below:






and our Top 3 4 are



Sanja Grdinić 


and 





Delphine



Squirrel



Kat
Pink, girly, fairy card featuring Tilly by Saturated Canary



Congratulations and please grab our *Top 3* badge to display on your blog:








So, onto our 52nd challenge






The sponsor of this challenge is

Crafty Sentiment Designs


Crafty Sentiments Designs is an online based family company owned and run by Suzette.  The images are cute, fun and make any cards and projects look amazing. Suzette and Justyna are the main artists.  All images are exclusive to Crafty Sentiments Designs and there are lots of digital stamps available, sentiments, rubber stamps, crafting CDs, exclusive Crafty Sentiments Designs dies and much more at www.craftysentimentsdesigns.co.uk. You can also find us on Facebook, Pinterest and Twitter.



This fortnight's challenge theme is to showcase a project using 
your Favourite Embossing Technique (heat or dry) (& why).
You MUST explain WHY it is your favourite.


Here are the beautiful creations made by our Design Team to get your mojo flowing:



I admit that I have done wet embossing, and actually really like the effect, but it's just so messy and extremely prone to flufifng it up with straying embossing powder.  Plus I love the appearance of the dry embossing, so that's what I've chosen.





Samantha
My: favourite has to be Heat embossing at the moment
Why? : I love that it gives me the lines I need for this water colour technique. 



Carol

If I want a card in a hurry dry embossing is the way to go for me, quick and love how embossing folders and especially how I can use my dies as embossed images on a card.







Mojca

I chose heat embossing, because I just love how it looks like on a card and also because I haven't used it for quite a long time. Well, I know now why I don't use it as much, because it's really difficult to get a good result ...





Sarah

My favourite has to be dry embossing. It amazes me that by using a folded piece of plastic  you can turn a boring piece of card into something tactile and add interest to a card in seconds.





Suzette

**coming soon**


Wilma

My favourite is heat embossing. I know it's a bit messy but I like the result.
I love the 
sharp and clear lines. 






So now it's over to you.
We hope you will join in our challenge, show us your style and 
showcase your Favourite Embossing Technique (heat or dry) (& why).
You MUST explain WHY it is your favourite.

Good luck, and happy crafting.
Hugs from the AYLI girls.




5 comments:

  1. Ooh ooh ooh! Thank you so much for choosing my little card in your Top 3, I am honoured, especially to be alongside the incredible talents of Delphine and Kat. Thanks for making my Thursday. Hugs Squirrel xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, what a wonderful surprise, thank you so much! I will display your badge proudly! Congrats to the other winners, gorgeous makes by all! See you again soon. Hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful DT cards.
    Thanks for the challenge.
    I like dry embossing because it makes simple papier special.
    Gr Elly

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh thank you so much for picking my card!! You've made my day!! Congratulations to the other winners and to the DT for their gorgeous makes <3!! Hugs Delphine xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous cards by the DT...I entered, but have to admit,I love ALL embossing....just depends on what I am working on at the given moment!!

    ReplyDelete