Thursday 30 January 2014

Showcase (and explain) your Favourite Style

Thank you to everyone who entered our last C&S Style challenge. 
It was amazing to see all your C&S designs.
Our winner is:

#11 Maria B.


Please email us at AsYouLikeItChallenge@hotmail.co.uk to claim your prize, 

and don't forget to grab your *winners* badge below:



and our Top 3 4 are


#36 Jessie L.
We loved this fun card


#22 Verybelle
GORGEOUS purple and a fab design
beth 1st birthday full

#34 Julie B
Beautiful and so elegant


#39 Lucy Patrick 
(how do you keep making these fab creations every week, girl?)



Congratulations and please grab our *Top 3* badge to display on your blog:








So, onto our 20th challenge






The sponsor of this challenge is 
Shape EZ Templates
with a prize of 2 of Tammy Louise's fabulous templates.




This fortnight's challenge theme is to showcase a projet which shows us your own style 
(and tell us what makes it your style) eg C&S, fussy, etc 
You MUST explain WHY it is your style.


Here are the beautiful creations made by our Design Team to get your mojo flowing:



So, let's cover why this card is my style ...
Well, where do I start!!

  1. My favourite LOTV character - I couldn't resist the latest set featuring James the bear and this is my first play with one of the newly released images.  
  2. I've taken the trouble (in honour of James the bear) to paint him with my DI reinkers rather than reaching for my Copics.
  3. Shapes - a lovely fancy nestie shape (for the image) and a shaped card.
  4. Stitching - I've taken the trouble to do some stitching (although I regretted doing the nestie shape - far too many curves and corners to get around it neatlly!)
  5. Pretty pastel colours - my top 3 colours are pink, aqua and purple
  6. Papers - My favourite Papermania paper pad
  7. Embellishments - Pearls are my 'go to' embellishments, and a must have on all my creations.
  8. Pretty coloured twine and lace
  9. Background clouds - I love creating these for the scene that it creates behind the image
  10. Colour coordinated elements - Everything is in various shades of purple and lilac, including an element of the image where I sneaked on a spot of purple on the daisies.
Yup, this is just my style!!!  Hope you like it too.

ps - I've just realised that another reason this is 'my style' is that, as is quite common on my cards, I've forgotten to put a sentiment on it.

At least it keeps it appropriate for any occasion!

That's my excuse, and I'm sticking to it.   ;0)




Samantha

Ohhhh, What is my style?
Hmmmmm....
Ok, so I am leaning more towards clean and simple,
and when I have a freehand where I can make anything I like...
I love die cuts, kraft, distress inks, punches.  
And if I am not sewing, then I am doodling.



Carol


My style: I must say I have a few, but I really enjoy making things with pretty papers and cute images, especially girly cute. I love the Vintage style and making my own flowers, and there has to be a swirl and pearls in there somewhere! 







Mojca

I love 3D projects and this cute calendar is totally my style! 
I love the simple look but effective :)





Sarah


My "style" is really hard to define. I don't generally add many embellishments as I am always mindful of postal charges so not fussy and fancy. CAS?  Nope, I LOVE patterned paper far too much and I love colouring my images to match. Definitely not vintage, I just can't "do" it!! Cute then? Possibly as my images tend to lean toward cuteness.

 I know...my style is simply "me"!!  




Suzette


I don't have one particular style but I do love soft colours, and so this is a perfect shape card to show that off. I love lace and flowers and anything cute really.





So now it's over to you.

We hope you will join in our challenge, show us which shows us your own style 
(and tell us what makes it your style) eg C&S, fussy, etc 
You MUST explain WHY it is your style.

Good luck, and happy crafting.

Hugs from the AYLI girls.






13 comments:

  1. Great dt work everyone xx Jan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for choosing my card in last week's top 4!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for choosing my project in your top 3, it's such a buzz to scroll down and see your own creation listed. Well done to all the other 3 girls too. Love the DT inspiration this time too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for choosing my card! I'm very happy!!!!
    Hugs,
    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much for choosing my card in your faves and the lovely comment to go along with it, you've made my day! Gorgeous DT creations, XOX Lucy

    ReplyDelete
  6. This was a fabulous challenge - really made me think about what to make and how to make it in the style that I love - so thank you for the great challenge and the gorgeous DT inspirations. I hope I have explained my entry okay xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Girls! thanks for all your lovely Comments and great to see you all here!

    Karen I will pop and check out your creation,,, look forward to seeing what you have made and glad you have enjoyed the challenge hugs me x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the fun challenge and the wonderful DT work for added inspiration! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. such sweet projects from the dt!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for the fun & thoughtful challenge! Wonderful DT inspiration. Best, CG

    ReplyDelete
  11. Loved thinking about what makes my creations "mine" ... thanks for the challenge! Gorgeous DT creations as usual - thanks for sharing!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete