Thursday 8 August 2013

Challenge #8 - Favourite Ribbon or Twine & Why

Thank you to everyone who entered our last challenge. 
Our winner, selected at random is:

#4 Helen
This adorable card reminds me of my ginger-tom who loves tree baubles!!



Please email us at AsYouLikeItChallenge@hotmail.co.uk to claim your prize, 
and don't forget to grab your *winners* badge below:



and our Top 3 are

#5 Sue Kment



#21 Renata



#33 J Atterbury Creations



Congratulations and please grab our *Top 3* badge to display on your blog:







So, onto our 8th challenge





The sponsor of this challenge is 
Fantastic Ribbons
who are offering £10 voucher to their lovely store for our winner.









This fortnight's challenge theme is to showcase a project using 
your Favourite Ribbon or Twine & Why.
You MUST explain WHY it is your favourite.


Here are the beautiful creations made by our Design Team to get your mojo flowing:



My favourite ribbon is this 15mm double sided satin, and this rich red colour is just gorgeous.
To be honest, I have this 15mm satin ribbon in quite a few colours 
(as many reels as I can stuff into my ribbon box, plus a few more besides!),
and I would struggle to pick a favourite colour.
The red is so rich and warm for Christmas projects, 
but usually my favourite colours would be pink, aqua and purple. 
Our sponsor, Fantastic Ribbons, is my favourite ribbon company because
 they do fantastic value multi-buy offers and I can afford to have more than one favourite.
I just can't seem to help myself when I see all the gorgeous colours!

I need a bigger ribbon box!!    :0)





Samantha
My favourite has to be twine I love the things I can do with it and that include crochet
I have found that using a 3.5mm Crochet hook give a perfectly sized flower for cards.

Carol

I've chosen twine over ribbon for my card because I love the rustic feel it gives especially with Kraft card,





Mojca

I just love using ribbon on my cards, because it makes the card so special - my favourite is silk ribbon.




Sarah

Favourite ribbon or favourite twine?

 Well, I couldn't decide and used both and this is the result!!
Seam binding didn't have quite enough substance for this wreath so I used dotty satin
ribbon instead.




Suzette
I love ribbon and twin could not decide, so I thought I would use my precious lace ribbon, I have a few of these and I did not want to cut them lol!  but they work well with my new digital stamp.





So now it's over to you.
We hope you will join in our challenge, show us your style and 
showcase your Favourite Ribbon or Twine.

Good luck, and happy crafting.
Hugs from the AYLI girls.

10 comments:

  1. Congrats to the winners. Fab work by the DT. Love the theme you've chosen. xxD

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so grateful you picked my card as one of your Top 3. What an honor! Congrats to the other winners too. Hope to join your Challenge again. God bless!

    JO ANN
    http://jatterburycreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely creations by the DT and thank you so much for picking my card for a top 3 spot! I am tickled pink!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another great challenge and gorgeous cards.

    I e-mailed you on Monday so hope you've received my e-mail safely.

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for all your messages girls great to see you all! and Helen yes we had your email and have replied too, so you should have that now too! hugs us Girls xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such gorgeous DT creations. Thank you for a fabulous challenge, I love using ribbon!
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such beautiful DT inspiration and thanks for a great challenge! I always feel a card I make isn't quite dressed until it has ribbon or twine on it! hugs Karen

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful DT creations. Who doesn't love ribbon? xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for the fabulous DT inspiration and fun challenge.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete